My Slideshow

Monday, April 27, 2009

Second Life is dying??!!

As every good citizen I read my newspaper everyday, today I found an article in one of the best newspapers in Belgium concerning Second Life. I found the article a bit disturbing and also quit one sighted. I won't copy it into my blog because I'm not sure about copyrights, and I don't like to get in trouble over this:-). But I just want to share this with you, so I will try to translate some quots (its in dutch lol), and put my comment after it.

The writer of this article went back to Second Life after 2 years and these are his comments:

'If you walk around in Second Life it seems like all residents have died of some strange disease, everywhere I went all was dead and abandoned, it looked like very much deserted'
[ok, well maybe you tped wrong, if I go on Second Life and TP, there is always somebody around and the places look far from abandoned or deserted, tell me your name and I will give you some tips maybe;-)]

'All the big multinationals like R....., N....., A.... and even some big Belgian corporations have closed their doors in SL'
[Sorry I wont use the names of the big multinationals..you know why, but be real, I am here for more then 2 years and I can tell you I have been around in this virtual world. As far as I am concerned all the nice buildings, the fabulous lands, the veneus, the charity events, the fashion etc... are not built by the big multinationals who have now closed down but by the individuals who still believe in this world and who will not close their doors, it's built by people who have fun, who have a second life and who care and believe in it and more important who are not after the big money]

'The only places that are crowded are the sex places'
[Well, excuse me dude, ofcourse sex is always an attraction in Second Life aswell as in Real Life, again I tell you you need some TP advice here;-)]

'The things who appeal the hardcore Second Life residents are for most 'normal' people boring or scary'
[If people find things in Second Life boring or scary they must have done something wrong or maybe they were not interested in learning new things in Second Life like building, exploring, scripting, organizing events and so on... I am here like I said more than 2 years every evening and weekends and not one second I have been bored... Scary maybe if you meet a dragon or if some stupids try to jump you, but never ever I have been bored here.. and I think I'm pretty normal, maybe a bit crazy:-)]

Ok so these were some quots and my comments. I did want to write this because I thought about it all day. I think its not a very objective article. You have to be in Second Life for a while to know what you are talking about, if not shutt the fuck up!

Hope I don't get in trouble with this one, lol!

1 comment:

Jesper Prinz said...

Lio! Strange is (or not?) its the exactly same trend in the Swedish press reporting about the deserted SL. But we who lives here know its more alive than ever. Its just the hype thats over.

Hugs

Jesper