My Slideshow

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Bots, bots, bots.. I see bots everywhere GRRRR

Okay.. It's nice to have traffic at your mall, shop, club, stage, event... but do it the honest way and not plant bots all over the place just to boost traffic. It's very annoying for your neighbours because bots cause a lot of lag GRRRRR..
This is taken at my neighbours place.. one day we looked map and there was 60 people there. We could not believe because we didn't see people until my sweet man flew up. They were all sitting in the skybox.
So I had a problem because I just can't have so much lag if I do an event. We Imed our landlord and well he is in discussion now with LL (bots, campers are forbidden), but as you all might know, discussing with LL can take a while.
At this point all we and our landlord can do is restart the sim before I will do an event. Thing is, the bots are back in no time.. I just hope LL will track them down before I open the stage GRRR..

2 comments:

nimil said...

that sucks! i was so excited when LL banned traffic bots but it seems they aren't doing a very good job of getting rid of them. i don't understand why people use these things.. sure it puts you at the top of the list for traffic but in the end most people will tp to your land, see that you have nothing interesting, and leave.. so you really gain nothing from it. i hope they get it taken care of for you!

Lionesse Vandyke said...

Well as far as I can see now he reduced the traffic, only 25 now, pfff.. and our landlord upgraded the sim to 80, so I hope it will be ok when i finally open the stage:-)